REFLECTIONS
Emotional self-management.
* The emotions that are most difficult for me to manage when someone does not agree with me are anger, frustration and impotence.
Anger is an emotion that is very easily reflected on me and is notorious. Sometimes people hurt my feelings by doubting about my arguments. However, I understand that each person has a different opinion or point of view and is free to defend it.I feel frustrated when I am not able to make my arguments believable and trusted by the people who listen to them.
Finally, impotence is difficult to handle because I prefer to avoid arguing with people who do not agree with me, but I do not allow that my arguments are rejectable completely.
*I deal with this by not taking this too personal and let that people believe what they want as long as they do not try to change my mind. I consider, that being an open-minded person allow me to deal with those emotions easily because I defend my arguments in a respecful way.
Influences on my thinking.
* I must be aware that there are factors that can influence my thoughts such as religion, my own experiences and the people themselves.
I refer to religion as one that has influenced the thinking of society for many centuries. Daily those parameters that the religion has established have changed negatively and that can affect my way of thinking. Talking about my experiences, I refer to the bad ones that have a big effect on my attitude and my thoughts on different issues. Finally people, according to their attitude and their way of being themselves, they make my thinking in different ways.
* I will deal with this by forget everything that have passed and concentrate on the moment of thinking and be aware that I am a person and I have to think in that way (reasonable).
Challenging opinions.
*What I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of other people are that i will be always trying to defends my arguments and maybe using wrong words or expressions that can hurt people's feelings
* I will deal these by trying to be clear and specif when I express my ideas using the appropiate vocabulary.
Reflection #1.
*I recognise that what Bodner stated that we really understand something by doing it. Sometimes we believe what teachers said but we do not try to do it in order to prove it. So, I feel that as future teacher I have to provide my students with the freedom that they go and do the practicum rather than knowing or memorizing a theory.
Reflection #2.
*In my personal opinion, I must be aware that not all people understand the same just by hearing or reading the same words. So, I must create some useful methods and strategies that can help me to become a critical thinker. Also, I should be more specific at the moment of provide details in an argument. I recognize that sometimes I do not focus on the topic so I do not give strong details to support my point of view. I will work on that so I can be a good critical thinker.
I really like the way you express your ideas about changing what you think of defending your arguments and I believe it is similiar to what I do with my personality. I would recommend you to keep calm when some people are expressing their opinions and hear what they try to say. sometimes that is a good strategy or at least, It works on me.
ResponderBorrarDefending our position to the end by giving strong reasons is crucial for us because we want to prove that 'I am right' and the other is wrong. However, in this point we need to be careful not to lose our mind. It is important to recognize sometimes the other person's arguments are stronger than mine and even we need to be aware that in many cases we do not have well-established reasons for our beliefs. I like you recognize that challenging opinions make you use wrong words that can hurt people's feelings, but it is relevant to say that doing this you can cause an argument, and that is not the objective of a conversation or discussion.
ResponderBorrarDear partner,
ResponderBorrarI clearly understand your position in each aspect because I have some similar experiences. However, you mentioned at the very beginig how bad you feel when others hurt your feelings by doubting about your arguments. Moving forward , you say that is quite difficult to you to defend your argument without using bad words or expressions that can hurt people's feelings. According to those two situations, I suggest you to get into other's shoes. As you feel bad when others hurt you, they do so.
Best regars,
Stefany Osorio R.